yzf426 leak

This post is 5789 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When ive been riding my yzf426 for a bit and stop but just leave the engine running it starts leaking fluid out from the bottom.It isnt petrol i don't think its oil i think its water,is this because it gets hot and cos of expansion it spills some out.When i ride it tho and stop it stops doing this.does anyone know what this may be?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When ive been riding my yzf426 for a bit and stop but just leave the engine running it starts leaking fluid out from the bottom.It isnt petrol i don't think its oil i think its water,is this because it gets hot and cos of expansion it spills some out.When i ride it tho and stop it stops doing this.does anyone know what this may be?

you need to establish if it coming from a overflow pipe or crankcase or waterpump cover.

if its pipe its overflow theres no exspansion tank on yzf,these do run very hot don,t leave it ticking over too long.

if its either cover or crankcase it needs further investigation.

what colour is fluid???????

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online