Hi, new guy here!!

Will16valver
This post is 5911 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi every1, thort id drop a message to say hello.

im fairly new to bikes, ive played around on scooters when i was 16 (not my own tho ;)) and have rode a DT125R offroad before.

thats all my biking experience.....

but im looking at a road DT125R so i think ill be doin my CBT soon.

A friend of mine told me that if you have a full car driving licence and a CBT then you dont need L plates on, is this correct??

well thats it hope u will all be gentle with me ;) lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum honey ;)

A friend of mine told me that if you have a full car driving licence and a CBT then you dont need L plates on, is this correct??

If your licence was issued before 1st February 2001, then you can ride a 50cc moped, capable of not more than 30mph. Strangely enough, you will not need to display L plates, and you can carry a passenger if the motorcycle has a passenger seat and rear footrests. If you want to ride a motorcycle of over 50cc, up to 125cc, you must take Compulsory Basic Training (CBT), you must display L plates, and you must not carry passengers. The CBT certificate is valid for 2 years.

If your licence was issued after 1st February 2001 then you will need to take Compulsory Basic training (CBT). Once you have completed this course, you will be able to ride a 50cc moped without L plates, until your licence expires at age 70, and you will also be able to ride a motorcycle of up to 125cc with L plates (no passengers allowed) for 2 years from the date you completed the CBT course.

Hope this helps.