ybr125 any owners?

ybrab125
This post is 5712 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

first of all hello everyone this is my first post and im also a learner biker. secondly the search engine on this site doesnt seem to be working for me (*125* nothing found??) so i apologise if im asking a repeat question

basically looking for any worthwhile information on the ybr125 (mines is a 2005 - carb - uk- black-) and from the little info found on the web it seems to share the same engine as another yam125 - the xt125 i think.

i seen a post relating to derestricting this model but the reply has been sent via email on how to derestrict.....can i have this priveleged info please as im a big guy on a 125 which is great through the city traffic but a bit dire on open roads

i dont want to leech from the site so ill give up info on what i have found with the bike so far

its done just over 7k miles and just had a service and new rear tyre before i bought it a few weeks ago

rust is appearing around the welds especially on the swingarm so ive bought some black smooth hammerite direct to rust paint for a tidy up.

the exhaust is pretty shot with vibration coming from what i think are loose baffles when it is revved high- this might be contributing to low power! im surprised it passed its mot as there are welds round the silencer hinting on a previous repair due to rot or fall damage.

ive removed the carb and adaptor to find no restrictor plate fitted

ive removed the exhaust to find no restrictor plate at exhaust port or inside downtube

the uk bike is spec,d at 10bhp where other countries are spec,d at 12bhp i think due to a cat being in the uk models exhaust silencer. - im thinking of chopping the silencer off the bike and mounting a thin profile car performance silencer at around the 40 pound mark as the bike just got its mot last week so i can get hold of a 2nd hand exhaust if needed.

will it sound like a tank ????

apart from power the bike is great at handling and braking - perfect for learning.

i dont ride for longer than an hour without giving the engine/clutch etc! a chance to cool down .

i had removed the air filter for a practice run but the engine died under acceleration probably running too weak due to the small jet in the carb- has anyone tried replacing the jet if available???

cant think of anything else at the moment but looking forward to any replies

cheers

rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Heya dude =)

I've got a ybr 125, there are a fair few of us on here... Mostly with tyre issues thou lol!

As for de-restricting... all i've heard is that the ybr is just restricted by a small engine. (bit like honda cg's) so i dunno if ur gonna be able to find much info...

however! If you do i'd love to know it too as i've recently passed my test on my ybr and wud consider derestricting mine too =D

YBR does not have a restricor

the engine is pretty tuned as far as it gets

were in scotland are you pal?

hi shokz

im from glasgow centre, my free time is spent going round the baillieston test routes as im going to book my restricted access for the middle of august, ill probably have to just enjoy the bike as it is and hope i pass and go for a mint ,restricted 600 bandit im getting offered at a steal, O.M.L.P.S.L.

:lol:

hi shokz

im from glasgow centre, my free time is spent going round the baillieston test routes as im going to book my restricted access for the middle of august, ill probably have to just enjoy the bike as it is and hope i pass and go for a mint ,restricted 600 bandit im getting offered at a steal, O.M.L.P.S.L.

:lol:

kool man

if you ever fancy a ride out, give me a shout im always up for it

test booked online tonight for the 18th august, there cant be many test spots available before the change as this date shown was the earliest available slot. i hope i pass or im fooked.

on a lighter note ive hacksawed the silencer from the exhaust pipe to remove unwanted innards. ill weld silencer back on and test over the weekend

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm proud to be an owner of one YBR125ED 2007.

I'm new to this club. I own my yamie since March 2007 and I have to admit that allthough it has a small engine, it revs without complains to +10.000rpm and its restricted only by how much its owners stands still. It wont stop unless it is out of petrol and that will be long enough after 450Km(that is about 2.5-3L/100Km).

One must never forget that we 're talking about a 125cc bike that has even a catalist in its exaust. Mercy me! :)

• 2 weeks later...

test booked online tonight for the 18th august, there cant be many test spots available before the change as this date shown was the earliest available slot. i hope i pass or im fooked.

on a lighter note ive hacksawed the silencer from the exhaust pipe to remove unwanted innards. ill weld silencer back on and test over the weekend

Hi

How did you get on with your test? Mines booked sept 9th. I'm from Bowling between Clydebank and Dumbarton and my test will be in Dumbarton. I'm crappin masel. I cant get the u turn pegged. I could tell someone how to do one but......

I totaly love my wee YBR. I know its small and slow but I put 2000 miles on it, went to Bute, Aberfeldy home vis oban, Berwick and my first trip was to Largs. 60 mph does me fine and if I get stuck behind an auld biddy or a caravan then I can look at the view.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, this is a little :offtopic: , but I hope some one can help.

Got my YBR recently, and don't really have an idea how I should do the breaking in for the bike, can advice me on that? Thanks in advance.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online