Polish & Port

This post is 5913 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys looking for some info on port polishing is this something i should try myself? compressor and air dremol?i no smoothing out burs etc for better gas flow has got to be a good thing but is there any disadvantages? will it be a noticeable increase in power?

where should i be polishing exhaust port, inlet and boost port?

has any one ever done it there self or sent it away if so let me no the process or anything

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's different for every type of engine. You need to speak to a tuner of the type of engine you have. It is not just a question of polishing, it could be porting shape, valve stem skimming, exhaust shape and baffling and carb size. If you just go in and polish you might even lose power due to poor mixing of the fuel in air.

It's different for every type of engine. You need to speak to a tuner of the type of engine you have. It is not just a question of polishing, it could be porting shape, valve stem skimming, exhaust shape and baffling and carb size. If you just go in and polish you might even lose power due to poor mixing of the fuel in air.

ah i see more to it than the average bike kid fiddler recons then. i think il just leave it be now iv booked my bike theory ;) cheers for the advice mate!

Its a 2 stroke so no valves in there, but good advice, pay to have done professionally or leave alone.

Its a 2 stroke so no valves in there, but good advice, pay to have done professionally or leave alone.

ditto , let the pro do it, then tune the carb. good porting makes a motor happy.

Jeepsintake.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online