Chain to shaft drive

stix 2
This post is 5738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I am looking for info on a chain to shaft drive box,I believe there was a Yamaha that had this drive unit fitted but I cannot for the life of me remember what model it is/was. So the question is did Yamaha ever have a bike that had a chain drive motor and a shaft drive wheel,I am looking for the conversion unit and would like to know what to look for and are they as rare as hens teeth or made from unobtanium??

Tia

Stix 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all

I am looking for info on a chain to shaft drive box,I believe there was a Yamaha that had this drive unit fitted but I cannot for the life of me remember what model it is/was. So the question is did Yamaha ever have a bike that had a chain drive motor and a shaft drive wheel,I am looking for the conversion unit and would like to know what to look for and are they as rare as hens teeth or made from unobtanium??

Tia

Stix 2

theres a cat over on thechopperunderground from I believe new zealand that can prob help you out , he just converted a chain to shaft bike. If you go over there look in the MACHINING section.

http://www.thechopperunderground.com/forum...hp?showforum=68

theres a cat over on thechopperunderground from I believe new zealand that can prob help you out , he just converted a chain to shaft bike. If you go over there look in the MACHINING section.

http://www.thechopperunderground.com/forum...hp?showforum=68

Thanks for that but I have to wait to be acepted on the forum,what I really need is information on what Yamaha had a second box behind the engine,this took the chain drive and converted it to a shaft drive.(it had it's own chain sprocket on the engine side and a shaft coupling on the output side, it made it easier for the manufacturer to give the bike a shaft for touring without having to tottally re-design the complete engine/box)I believe it was on the XS series possibly the 750 or 1100,this will make the job I am contemplating a whole lot easier as the bike is at the moment belt drive and I am looking to trike it in the future and use a car rear axle,I know a car diff can be converted to chain or belt but would prefer to keep things a bit simpler and find one of these change over units.

Stix

Thanks for that but I have to wait to be acepted on the forum,what I really need is information on what Yamaha had a second box behind the engine,this took the chain drive and converted it to a shaft drive.(it had it's own chain sprocket on the engine side and a shaft coupling on the output side, it made it easier for the manufacturer to give the bike a shaft for touring without having to tottally re-design the complete engine/box)I believe it was on the XS series possibly the 750 or 1100,this will make the job I am contemplating a whole lot easier as the bike is at the moment belt drive and I am looking to trike it in the future and use a car rear axle,I know a car diff can be converted to chain or belt but would prefer to keep things a bit simpler and find one of these change over units.

Stix

ive got an old 1100 if you need a pic to help let me know, I know a few trike guys too I can point you too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online