Can you help me ?

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5797 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys,

I know you get innundated with requests such as this, daily, so all I am asking is for you to read this, and if you feel you want to - follow the link, if you feel you would like to help then please do so - every little bit helps no matter how small.

In August this year I'll be leaving the comfort of my home to ride my XT660Z Tenere 9000 miles through 24 countries in around 25 days - ALONE! I'm sure I don't need to tell you that's Iron Butt territory. It's pretty much a run against the clock, so I'm not going to be able to enjoy many of the sites Europe has to offer, that is my sacrifce. During this trip I'll be raising funds for ChildLine, this is a UK charity that provides a 24 hour helpline for children in distress or danger.

If you're still with me, thanks.

I need to raise the profile of this trip, I need as many people as possible to know. I would like people to visit the website; Smokingtailpipes and look at what I've done, and what I'm doing. If you can, a donation would be most welcome - this will go directly to those that need it.

I'm funding both the website and the trip myself so every single penny raised will go directly to ChildLine.

You can help by;

1) Telling as many people you know about this, pass the web address to them

2) Visiting the site regularly, this will push up the hit count and allow me to exploite it by 'selling' link space (all the proceeds go to ChildLine)

3) If you can, make a donation, no matter what size it all helps.

During the trip, I'd welcome any riders that would like to ride along with me for a few miles, check out the website nearer the time to find out more.

If you have any comment, you can mail me by following the Contact Us buttons on the site, or leave a comment here, by keeping this near the top of the posts more people will see it!

Thanks

PS - You can go directly to the donations page HERE if you wish.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've put a link to this thread in a couple of Flight Simulator forums I frequent.

• 1 month later...
Guest Exupnutta

All the best fella. A worthy cause indeed :D

The website doesn't work though :unsure: Maybe it's because I'm on a mac? I just see code when I click enter. :blink:

All the best hope it goes well!!

Dont forget you can also sponsor me for my motorcycle challenge in November on an Enfield Bullet in india, in aid of Scope - the charity that helps children with cerebal palsy

details HERE

(blatant plug! :lol: )

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online