LB50 Chappy shifting?

buzzojoe
This post is 5912 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just picked up an LB50 Chappy. It runs well, but the shifting between first and second gear is VERY sluggish.

I've never even ridden a Chappy before this one, so I don't know how firmly it is supposed to shift. It starts out fine, and after it gets to about 10 or 12 MPH it kind of just slides into second gear. It's not a solid shift at all and you wouldn't even notice the shift except for the change in engine RPM's and sound.

Is this normal for these bikes? It works okay, but is just very sloppy when it shifts.

I read on one website that if the clutch or clutch springs are worn it will not go back into first gear when you stop, but my bike doesn't have that problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't know if it's normal either, but my 78 LB50 works the exact same way. Just seems to "ooze" into 2nd gear. I'm going to guess that it's normal. I used to be around a 80 Chappy, and it was not like that. Sorry I can't be of much help here.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online