DT50 MX Dakar Kit

Stutopia
This post is 5924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is probably going to be mission impossible but I am exhausting all my other leads and thought I would see if any one could help.

I am in the process of restoring a 1991 Yamaha DT50 MX (harder than it might seem now that parts are getting rare and it runs off a 6v system for its electrics). I recently purchased a Dakar or Tenere Kit for the bike which changes the look to one of an enduro style. The kit was originally manufactured somewhere in Europe and shipped to the UK in 1992. The dealer I bought it from had found it, still in its box, at the back of there stock room where it had been for 16 years. Not many were produced and even less were sold so I am really keen to fit this to the bike. The problem is that despite the kit being complete and boxed there are no instructions. I have been able to piece most of it together but there are a few spares and this makes me concerned that I have not done the job properly.

Does anyone have any information about these kits, who manufactured them? are there any others still in existence? where can I find an instruction manual? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I may even post pics of the full build!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online