running issues on 86 Raidian

wildbill
This post is 5924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone I have just bought my first bike and wanted to introduce myself to everyone.

I have an 1986 Radian YX600S-R. This bike has sat since last spring with out any kind of winter storage, the bike seems to run rough on the gas it has so I drained the gas out of the system and put in a high octane fuel but it seems that cylinders 3 and 4 are not firing at proper temp... the pipes on that side are getting hot but not as hot as the other two.

I have proper spark from the wires and replaced the plugs. Any ideas or suggestions, new guy looking for any kind of help.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you have a good spark at all plugs then really it has to be fuel, if it was mine i would remove carbs and give a good clean

Thanks that is what I was thinking the best solution would be as well. I also got an email from another person that had the same bike and he said i should run a little kerosine through with my gas and that would clean out the jets. Sounds a little scary to me what do you think?

People try allsorts of carb cleaners with varying levels of success, but i have never had any faith in carb cleaners cleaning out gunk from carbs that have been sat for a while, they are great for keeping a clean system clean but to remove any serious buildup you cant beat stripping and cleaning, also if it does loosen up any build up it may just end up blocking some other part of the carb. You could try it first to see if it improves it, did you get the ratio of kerosine to mix with the petrol.

People try allsorts of carb cleaners with varying levels of success, but i have never had any faith in carb cleaners cleaning out gunk from carbs that have been sat for a while, they are great for keeping a clean system clean but to remove any serious buildup you cant beat stripping and cleaning, also if it does loosen up any build up it may just end up blocking some other part of the carb. You could try it first to see if it improves it, did you get the ratio of kerosine to mix with the petrol.

No I didn't. I agree with you 100% and thats why my carbs are sitting on my work bench as we speak...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online