R6 Tyre Squeak

Brian L
This post is 5924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Hoping someone may be able to help with this.

My 2 month old R6 is starting to make a very painful noise. When I am pushing it the back wheel makes a loud squeeking noise as if the brakes are on. I think it only does it on certain parts of the tyre as when you are walking it the sound comes and goes.

Not really sure where to start on this as I am quite new to biking so dont really have much mechanical knowledge.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Brian,

Couple of things first;

Are you sure it's the back wheel? Have you put the back wheel up on a paddock stand and spun the wheel? I only ask this as it's usually front brakes that tend to warp which could be causing the squeal. The pistons in the calipers may well have stuck, and forgive me saying this, as you're new to biking, make sure you're not riding with your foot on the back brake lever, this could overheat the disc causing it to warp.

Is the bike two months old from new and did you buy it from a dealer? If yes to both, take it back, no brakes should be squealing like that in such a short space of time.

Hope this helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online