Oil In air Filter?

Kroony
This post is 5922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1st off hi all. im Kroony from Australia

I have a XVS 650 and was doing some cleaning on the weekend. I decided to take off the air filter cover and see if the air filter needed cleaning. When i took the cover off a larger blob of oil fell out that was sitting in the cover. Unfortunately is was the last thing i did so after hours of polishing all the chrome under it it got covered in oil. I was just wondering should i be concerned that oil is somehow coming out of the air intake? its done about 14,000k and this is the 1st time i have ever taken the cover off, i got the bike at 9,000 and im not sure what happened b4 that.

Any help would be awesome thanks?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The crankcase breathers go to the inlet box and that is where the oil is comming from. There should not be much so clean it out and put new filters in. Check again in 1000 miles.

If there is alot, then the crankcase is being pressurised and then requires attention.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online