1983 DT 125

necromancer
This post is 5928 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

could anyone tell me what fuel to put in a 1983 Yamaha DT 125. It has not been used for quite some time, and I have no idea what fuel type it takes.

Thanks in advance,

Necromancer

i have a dt of a similar age and bog standard petrol seems to work. Although you need to be sure that the autolube system (used to mix the twostroke with the petrol is working) if in doubt then dont use the autolube and premix the petrol instead.

Adam

i have a dt of a similar age and bog standard petrol seems to work. Although you need to be sure that the autolube system (used to mix the twostroke with the petrol is working) if in doubt then dont use the autolube and premix the petrol instead.

Adam

Thanks for the reply adam, i will give that a go.

Necromancer

If you are worried about using unleaded in it, dont! The japs were using unleaded a long time before us, also the key concerns about using unleaded in 'leaded' engines is pinking and valve seat recession, neither of which are relevant on this bike.

If you are worried about using unleaded in it, dont! The japs were using unleaded a long time before us, also the key concerns about using unleaded in 'leaded' engines is pinking and valve seat recession, neither of which are relevant on this bike.

That is interesting, unleaded is certainly easier to find where i live. Thanks to all who have replied to this post, i am a complete newbie to motorbikes, was a bit concerned about posting a question as stupid as this.

Again thanks to all.

Necromancer

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online