1999 Roadstar Recall nightmare

bikerchick
This post is 5711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1999 Roadstar that needed a transmission recall. My bike was running great!!!! I took it into a dealership to have the work done. Now, after 9 weeks later, the dealership still cannot get my bike to run. It has been one problem after another. They told us that we need to replace part after part. We have done that!! I seriously do not understand how a bike that was running great (I rode it to the dealership) is now all screwed up. The dealer in Millington, TN is doing the work. It wont run!!! It would not even fire. We had to replace the CDI box and got fire but still will not start. Now, they are saying I need all new wiring. MONEY MO MONEY!! What is going on here. I spoke with Yamaha and I am trying to get a rep out there. Anybody got any advice?

Sherri

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 1999 Roadstar that needed a transmission recall. My bike was running great!!!! I took it into a dealership to have the work done. Now, after 9 weeks later, the dealership still cannot get my bike to run. It has been one problem after another. They told us that we need to replace part after part. We have done that!! I seriously do not understand how a bike that was running great (I rode it to the dealership) is now all screwed up. The dealer in Millington, TN is doing the work. It wont run!!! It would not even fire. We had to replace the CDI box and got fire but still will not start. Now, they are saying I need all new wiring. MONEY MO MONEY!! What is going on here. I spoke with Yamaha and I am trying to get a rep out there. Anybody got any advice?

Sherri

I wouldn't have paid a dime. You rode it in, it was obviously fine. Whatever they did during the recall caused the problems, and they should be the ones to pay to fix it. Good luck getting a yamaha rep out there. Complain LOUDLY to anyone who'll listen and also those that won't.

• 4 weeks later...

I think you could try bringing the Office of Fair Trading/some other such body into the situation,and by the sound of it I don`t think you should hesitate to do so. It might also be worth talking to people like the BMF/MAG-some member or another might have encountered such experiences and found out things you need to know to sort your erring dealership. It`d be interesting to know what the Yam rep said-I`d have. thought he`d be pretty outraged by the shabby treatment you`ve received. , I`d like to know the name of the dealers and how you got on-Cheers Andy K

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online