1981 400cc Special II

dla88
This post is 5855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just got a 1981 Special II 400cc the wiring came in a mess, from what i heard it runs but the wiring is basically ripped out of it.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if its possible to and or how to hook up the wiring straight off the engine to get it to fire up and run to see if its decent before more work or had a wiring diagram available for it so i could attempt to rewire the system to get it to run

any information is helpful and thanks

Don

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just got a 1981 Special II 400cc the wiring came in a mess, from what i heard it runs but the wiring is basically ripped out of it.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if its possible to and or how to hook up the wiring straight off the engine to get it to fire up and run to see if its decent before more work or had a wiring diagram available for it so i could attempt to rewire the system to get it to run

any information is helpful and thanks

Don

are you on cdi or contacts?

do a search for online manual as we had some available

are you on cdi or contacts?

do a search for online manual as we had some available

i found a wiring diagram this morning, rewired most of the stuff on it and it does run :)

just had to search for the diagram for quite a while but thanks for the reply

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online