Info Required.

RATSGARD
This post is 5934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all Members, Ive just joined today, as I purchased myself A Dragstar Classic 650 1999 model this week For my 61 st Birthday as I have just got back into bikes after 35 years you could say Im out of touch.

Question :- 1/ IS IT NORMAL FOR YAMAHA V TWINS TO HAVE A BIT OF A KNOCK WHEN FIRST STARTED . :blink:

2/ DO ALL SHAFT DRIVEN BIKES HAVE A CLUNK WHEN ENGAGING FIRST GEAR. :unsure:

3/ GEARBOX WINES IS THIS AN EXPENSIVE JOB ;)

IM BEGINNING TO THINK IVE BEEN HAD, BUT SAYING THAT IT LOOKS FANTASTIC, AND GOES LIKE SH-- OFF A SHOVEL

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi to all Members, Ive just joined today, as I purchased myself A Dragstar Classic 650 1999 model this week For my 61 st Birthday as I have just got back into bikes after 35 years you could say Im out of touch.

Question :- 1/ IS IT NORMAL FOR YAMAHA V TWINS TO HAVE A BIT OF A KNOCK WHEN FIRST STARTED . :blink:

2/ DO ALL SHAFT DRIVEN BIKES HAVE A CLUNK WHEN ENGAGING FIRST GEAR. :unsure:

3/ GEARBOX WINES IS THIS AN EXPENSIVE JOB ;)

IM BEGINNING TO THINK IVE BEEN HAD, BUT SAYING THAT IT LOOKS FANTASTIC, AND GOES LIKE SH-- OFF A SHOVEL

Welcome to the forum.

Rightywhooo -

1 - What do you mean by a bit of a knock when started? Without actually hearing it i cant tell you if its normal!

2 - Mine a bit "clunky" when going into first gear, but im not overly worried

3 - Again - im not sure what you mean by whining gear box!

I have a 650 Dragstar Classic 2004, and if you are anywhere near me you are welcome to bring it n over and we will have a look see if theres anythign untoward with it. :D

newpipes.jpg

You can also hear how mine sounds upon start up here - but it was started from warm, so if yours only knocks from cold you may not hear it?:

LINKY LINKY

Goff' date='Jun 21 2008, 08:02 PM' post='57162']

Welcome to the forum.

Rightywhooo -

1 - What do you mean by a bit of a knock when started? Without actually hearing it i cant tell you if its normal!

2 - Mine a bit "clunky" when going into first gear, but im not overly worried

3 - Again - im not sure what you mean by whining gear box!

I have a 650 Dragstar Classic 2004, and if you are anywhere near me you are welcome to bring it n over and we will have a look see if theres anythign untoward with it. :D

newpipes.jpg

You can also hear how mine sounds upon start up here - but it was started from warm, so if yours only knocks from cold you may not hear it?:

LINKY LINKY

Hi Goff, Thanks for your reply, I live in Tamworth Staff, but will be working up by Manchester from 22nd July in Northwich, can bring the bike up in back of my van , then have a ride over to you one evening or meet up that would be good. Once again thanks. Ray. :rolleyes: PS Nice looking Machine is it all your own work ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online