SR & XT 125 oil level

steps39
This post is 5830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The owners manual is not that clear on how to check the dipstick can anyone help please.

The manual states "refit (the dipdtick) but do not wrench"

So does that mean rest the dipstick on the top of the threads i.e. do not screw it in at all

or screw it down but do not tighten it and compress the seal?

I have been warned that these engines must not be overfilled and near the minimum mark is preferable to slight overfilling because they blow the extra oil into the air intake.

Thanks Clive

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If i remember rightly the SR and XT125 had a oil level sight glass in the right hand crankcase cover at the rear which has an upper and lower level mark which you check with the bike standing upright. If you don't have one and you have a dipstick you are right in saying that you unscrew the dipstick wipe the oil off and rest the dipstick on the threads i.e. do Not screw it in at all again making sure the bike is standing upright i.e Not on the sidestand .Hope this helps. Tony.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online