XVS650 Handle Bars

sdy30
This post is 5346 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi - I need some advice.

I've recently bought a Dragstar XVS650.

It came with low, 'T' type handlebars. I would like to fit more laid-back, cruiser type bars.

I don't know what size to get, nor do I know where to measure the 'rise' of the bars from.

I don't want the 'Hanging Ape' look, I something a little bigger than the standard 'stock' bars that come on the original.

Can anyone help me with the sizes?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi - I need some advice.

I've recently bought a Dragstar XVS650.

It came with low, 'T' type handlebars. I would like to fit more laid-back, cruiser type bars.

I don't know what size to get, nor do I know where to measure the 'rise' of the bars from.

I don't want the 'Hanging Ape' look, I something a little bigger than the standard 'stock' bars that come on the original.

Can anyone help me with the sizes?

I too want soemthing like this, as i feel a little "stretched" sometimes and want something a bit more laid back so to speak, and am looking into it right now. As soon as i know anythign worth telling you i shall let you know :D

Is yours a Classic or Custom btw?

Thanks for the reply.

I found this :

www.shadowaero750.com/files/Handlebar.xls

It gives sizes, etc for handle bar sizes. American name for the XVS dragstar being the V-star.

I have the Custom. Great bike, but I'm getting that 'stretched' feeling you mention.

Will let yo know when I've got somewhere.

Great stuff. I find on long journeys my shoulders are killing me lol

And i tend to ache around that area for days afterwards!

Just some nice "wraparound" type would do.

I have a friend who is a fabricator who i am going to see on sunday about some other stuff for my bike - and i was going to ask him about making some for me - if he can do it ill see how much it is and let you know

I have the classic ;)

I've emailed a couple of friends of mine see if they can help - also found a shop on evilbay that does custom bars and have sent a message telling them of our dilemma lol, so shall get back to you. ;)

• 1 year later...

Same problem here. On long rides when sitting or leaning a little back further, my arms are a bit too stretched and causes some shoulder pain after.

I decided to go with Flanders type 1 dressers (road king / fat boy type - wider B6) on my dragstar xvs650 classic. They have 4 inches more pullback than the stock bars but the same 8" rise. Also they are a little bit wider by 2". Get them next week and will hopefully fix the problem. I put the floorboards on with 4" extensions and makes my ride much more comfortable, but just need to get the handles a bit closer for comfort.

more details here:

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMoto...Handlebars.html

or here:

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMoto...20wide%201.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online