Yamalube

ginger0195
This post is 5612 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i've got a yamaha dt100 that uses the yamalube sytem, i want to know what is the correct two stroke oil to be used (as in mix ratio). I've heard all sorts of figures from friends but i just want to make sure, before anyone asks what is the worst that can happen if the ratio is two low then i could risk teh engine seizing, tweo high and i'll have trouble starting.

Any and all responses will be welcome

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What do you mean by Yamalube ? from my time working on yamaha bikes ('76-'89) never came across that in my country we had autolube which ment u did not have to mix oil & fuel together every DT I have seen employed that system ... even the AT2 & CT1 models but if you have no oil pump & tank then mix at somewhere between 20:1 and 30:1

I thought it had a seperate oil tank so no fuel mixing.

you're are both right, its not yamalube it's autolube (my mistake) i wanted to know which was the correct two stroke oil for use with this system, any ideas?

Adam

you're are both right, its not yamalube it's autolube (my mistake) i wanted to know which was the correct two stroke oil for use with this system, any ideas?

Adam

Use any quality oil, DT100's are not fussy bikes, Keep the oil tank topped up, There is an oil level warning light, this is active when the bike is in gear so if it comes on then pay attention to it. You may find that it is on permanently when in neutral, this is a bulb check facility

• 5 months later...

Hello, I saw the reference to Yamalube. We use this oil in Canada. Great stuff for oil pump induction systems on the RT1's.

I use standard "Yamalube" in my Enduro's and "Yamalube R " in my race bikes. The Yamaha oil injection system deliver's when set properly a mixture of 32 to 1 ratio.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online