DT125 query

Vale
This post is 5846 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me?

My question, basiclly I just got myself a 2002 DT125.

wondering about the power valve, bikes a bit slow through the revs and not much power high up

I have read that to "de-restrict" the best way is to bolt the valve open.

So really, I'm asking if my powervalve is working normally where is the power? what rpm is the powerband?

Basiclly I think its not bolted open as my bikes doesnt "fly" at 7k but if it was working normally would it open at 7k?

anychance somone has a link to a diagramm of the PV (exploded ;))

or could it be that I dnt have a powervalve (but I doput that as they come as standard?im not sure)

anyway Thank you for any help :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ive got a DT, but from the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, so no power valve :(

However, i always thought that they were designed to be a boost to performance, and so should be maintained in good working order, not to be considered a hindrance, but ive been wrong before, ask our 125 peeps...ojaxo?

Notice youve had an Aprillia bored out, maybe the DT seems slow after that...Just a thought.

Notice youve had an Aprillia bored out, maybe the DT seems slow after that...Just a thought.

haha youve got a point, I'm guna start having a proper look on the weekend. Seems from what

I've read and seen to be quite a different style of PV than the aprilia. ahh I've just had a thought

that it might not be opening when it should anyway ill have to take a look :)

EDIT: thats the one! http://www.dtr125.net/

• 3 months later...

you could try a bigger carb, open out the reed stops, port and flow reed block, port the barrel, set the squish to under 1.0mm, cone or high flow foam filter, spacer tube, taper port the front of the carb, performance exhaust, spark plugs br9ev/eg/egv, non resistor plug cap

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online