Need help with getting FZ6 lowered seat

Dani
This post is 5743 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Anybody work for a Yamaha delearhip in the UK/Europe? I have been trying to get a lowered seat for the Fazer S2 (3cm lower - I'm 5'8" and would prefer a lower seat). They don't sell them in the US. The part number in Europe is ZUB-FZ6SI-TZ-BA. If anybody could check if it is available in the UK I would greatly appreciate it! :D I have emailed a couple of dealers but no replies.

Thanks,

Dani

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dani,

Are the S2 specs different on US models?

I'm only 5'4'' and can reach the ground with both feet (balls of feet not flat foot) you're 4'' taller than me

can't you flat foot?

I know the peg position on the Fazers/FZ's makes it a bit more awkward for shorties (I feel like I have to go around the pegs, compared to my Thundercat).

Anyways if you find the part in Uk and want it posted over to you drop me line. I'd be happy to mail it to you ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Dani,

Are the S2 specs different on US models?

I'm only 5'4'' and can reach the ground with both feet (balls of feet not flat foot) you're 4'' taller than me

can't you flat foot?

I know the peg position on the Fazers/FZ's makes it a bit more awkward for shorties (I feel like I have to go around the pegs, compared to my Thundercat).

Anyways if you find the part in Uk and want it posted over to you drop me line. I'd be happy to mail it to you ;)

No, it is the same spec. I can reach the ground and almost flat foot at a stop, but backing my bike in and getting it off the center stand is harder for me. The dealers in the UK have not been returning my emails, so I have no idea even if it is sold in the UK or now. I know it is sold in Germany. Thanks for your help.

No, it is the same spec. I can reach the ground and almost flat foot at a stop, but backing my bike in and getting it off the center stand is harder for me. The dealers in the UK have not been returning my emails, so I have no idea even if it is sold in the UK or now. I know it is sold in Germany. Thanks for your help.

You might be able to lower the suspension by changing the links (dogbones)

Try getting the bike off the centre stand without being sat on it, seems a bit weird at first, but its easy when you get used to it, and its kinder on the stand' theres even videos on you tube. I used to do the same but now i always stand off the bike, just press your foot down on the stand, one hand on the bars and one hand on the grab rail, like i say seems strange at first but keep pressing down on stand and the bike will stay upright

Put a saved search in Ebay for FZ6* seat, (Thats FZ6star) one may come along and find you, worked for me on a suzuki bandit

You might be able to lower the suspension by changing the links (dogbones)

Try getting the bike off the centre stand without being sat on it, seems a bit weird at first, but its easy when you get used to it, and its kinder on the stand' theres even videos on you tube. I used to do the same but now i always stand off the bike, just press your foot down on the stand, one hand on the bars and one hand on the grab rail, like i say seems strange at first but keep pressing down on stand and the bike will stay upright

Put a saved search in Ebay for FZ6* seat, (Thats FZ6star) one may come along and find you, worked for me on a suzuki bandit

Thanks for the advice on both counts! I didn't even think about getting it off the center stand the same way I put it on. I will try that. I guess I am a little afraid that I will drop the bike. I'll youtube it.

The seat that I want, I think, is only available in Europe and perhaps, only Germany,..

Dani

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online