XV535 GEARING

trevor07765
This post is 5788 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI MY WIFE HAS A XV535 GREAT BIKE FOR AROUND TOWN AND SHORT TRIPS UP THE MOTORWAY BUT NOT FOR PROLONGED USE AT 70, IF THE BIKE WAS CHAINE DRIVEN I WOULD PUT A SMALLER SPROCKET ON THE REAR PROBLEM SOLVED BUT IT BEING SHAFT DRIVEN I HAVE NO IDEAR, SO IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS IN ADVANCE TREVOR

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Might sound a bit daft but get her some earplugs. If you cant hear the engine screeming she won't worry about it so much, thats the theory anyway.

The 535 will do at least 90 all day long, my misses use to have one, used it for two years including europe trips, and she managed to stick with all us guys on bigger sports tourers up to that sort of speed.

We're actually looking for a 750 or 1100 as she had an operation earlier this year and can't lean forward on a bike for the forseeable future.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online