YBR125 Side Panel

Samsto
This post is 5952 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've had my YBR125 for about a year and have ridden it all through this winter, and overall am well pleased with how well it's stood up to the winter abuse. However, today I tried to take off the left side panel to get into the tools to tighten my chain. Unfortunately I can't get the key to turn - darn flexible thing it is.

Anyway, two questions:

(1) how far in does the key go? I seem to remember it is not really a key lock as much as a turning clip, but can't remember and am afraid of knackering the lock or the key.

(2) has anyone got any tips for freeing it if it's just really stiff? Would a screwdriver do? Would it knacker the lock?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Don't really want to envoke a dealer for something so supremely trivial. lol

Samsto

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I've had my YBR125 for about a year and have ridden it all through this winter, and overall am well pleased with how well it's stood up to the winter abuse. However, today I tried to take off the left side panel to get into the tools to tighten my chain. Unfortunately I can't get the key to turn - darn flexible thing it is.

Anyway, two questions:

(1) how far in does the key go? I seem to remember it is not really a key lock as much as a turning clip, but can't remember and am afraid of knackering the lock or the key.

(2) has anyone got any tips for freeing it if it's just really stiff? Would a screwdriver do? Would it knacker the lock?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Don't really want to envoke a dealer for something so supremely trivial. lol

Samsto

Sounds like a WD40 (penetrating spray) job.... spray it in the lock, carefull cos it will come out at you!!! , leave for a while, try again, I seem to remember the key goes in all the way as it is a lock latch.

A screwdriver will ruin your lock and your plastics.