XT350 Trouble

TheZiggys
This post is 5944 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just got a 2000 XT350 it seems to be backfiring through the carb. It starts good but when it gets warmed up it misses and backfires through the carb. I changed the spark plug and looked for air leaks. Changed the secondary carb inlet which the rubber had separated from the mount. The air filter is clean I even left the cover off while l ran it but no difference. I checked the gas flow from the petcock and it's full stream. I'm stumped! Also do these bikes always run so hot?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest intruder

hi.sounds like you have no clearance on one or more valves. which will cause backfiring. worse when hot. check clearances by getting piston at top dead centre on compression stroke then check all valves have clearance.this must be done with cold engine. intake valve 0.08mm. exhaust valve 0.15mm.

hi.sounds like you have no clearance on one or more valves. which will cause backfiring. worse when hot. check clearances by getting piston at top dead centre on compression stroke then check all valves have clearance.this must be done with cold engine. intake valve 0.08mm. exhaust valve 0.15mm.

What he said :yeahthat:

• Who's Online (See full list)