Insurance for New Riders

ShoKz
This post is 5766 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i was looking at buying a fazer

my qoute was £1500..

my friend was going to sell me his kawasaki ninja zx6-r 1998 model for £1000 + it is in mint condition

i done a insurance qoute for it and it was £3500 for a years insurance..

this is for a bike that is being stored in a garage with full protection and only used as a weekend toy

oh and with a 33bhp restriction due to my age.

These qoutes are from the number 1 bennets..

can anybody offer some advice or how i can lower my insurance. its mad paying that kind of price, i have experience with 1000cc bikes with full power, bleh

help a friend ?

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my qoute was £1500..

my friend was going to sell me his kawasaki ninja zx6-r 1998 model for £1000 + it is in mint condition

this is for a bike that is being stored in a garage with full protection and only used as a weekend toy

can anybody offer some advice or how i can lower my insurance. its mad paying that kind of price, i have experience with 1000cc bikes with full power, bleh

help a friend ?

cheers

Blimey, I thought a grand to insure an R1 was bad, but 3500 for a zx6-r!!! thats insane (4 naans!!) I don't think there is much you can do about it other than phone around. give Adrian Flux a try

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/motorbikes-detail-go.php

but watch out with these guys, any changes or cancellations and they WILL sting you for it!

yea i will look

but i prefer doing online qoutes..

its becuase i am 18

but i nearly have 1 years ncb

yea i will look

but i prefer doing online qoutes..

its becuase i am 18

but i nearly have 1 years ncb

I don't think nearly counts to these guy lol, you either got it or you don't

I don't think nearly counts to these guy lol, you either got it or you don't

Very true. theres a guy on here called rightchoiceinsurance may be worth a look, he is just starting up and may get you a decent quote.

Last year my insurance for my 03 XJ900 was 3500, because I was insured for courier work (ie:15,000 miles + a year) in fact it was around 60,000 miles in 6 months. lol. just be wary who you deal with, and check to make sure theres nothing to pay when cancelling. been stung before.... :(

Very true. theres a guy on here called rightchoiceinsurance may be worth a look, he is just starting up and may get you a decent quote.

Last year my insurance for my 03 XJ900 was 3500, because I was insured for courier work (ie:15,000 miles + a year) in fact it was around 60,000 miles in 6 months. lol. just be wary who you deal with, and check to make sure theres nothing to pay when cancelling. been stung before.... :(

Thank the lord I am an old git..... just returned to biking after 15 years so have no NCB.... I paid £185 fully comp for a XJR1300 with Hastings. Yeah for being 49.

Thank the lord I am an old git..... just returned to biking after 15 years so have no NCB.... I paid £185 fully comp for a XJR1300 with Hastings. Yeah for being 49.

Hi Guys, always happy to help fellow forum members and can usually get a very good price as long as your expectations are realistic, PM me or call me on 01708 380380 and ask for Mike, I am sure you will be happy with the result. Regards, Mike (rightchoiceinsurance)

that is shocking. i have no good advice but i think you should move over here. my Bulldog's (48 kW only) 6 months insurance was...

£16..

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

that is shocking. i have no good advice but i think you should move over here. my Bulldog's (48 kW only) 6 months insurance was...

£16..

y 48 kW only?

my qoute was £1500..

thats an obscene amount of money

give mce insurance a shot

i have a few convictions on my license including dangerous driving (im not proud) i passed my test last week and just got an 08 R6 and its costing me around £1500

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

my qoute was £1500..

My insurence from bennets for my 2007 fazer is £700 tpft. This includes business class 1, 3 points, 2ncb, 33bhp, 12K+ miles and I am 19.

Oh its from bennetts

I've had some good quotes from Motorcycle Direct and Bike Team when I was a new rider.

Bike Team were particularly good, on my last bike (Daytona 650 from new) I was getting silly quotes from everyone, i.e. £2500 to £4000, and Bike Team insured me fully comp with business use for about £800 and that was for a bike which was group 15 ungaraged in an M15 (Hulme!) post code. Needless to say, I've been with them for a few years now, although they may not be as good now as I notice they got bought up by a big fish earlier this year.

Worth a go though as they both do online quotes...

I've had some good quotes from Motorcycle Direct and Bike Team when I was a new rider.

Bike Team were particularly good, on my last bike (Daytona 650 from new) I was getting silly quotes from everyone, i.e. £2500 to £4000, and Bike Team insured me fully comp with business use for about £800 and that was for a bike which was group 15 ungaraged in an M15 (Hulme!) post code. Needless to say, I've been with them for a few years now, although they may not be as good now as I notice they got bought up by a big fish earlier this year.

Worth a go though as they both do online quotes...

i will give them a call

but i think our insurance man might be a good idea to check out aswell.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online