08 r6 indicator help

mokyr6
This post is 5798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, i've bought some arrow indicators for the front and back, can anyone help me how to change these indicators around, i have no removal kit or relays, if anyone knw where to buy from it'd be great pleasure. thanks people.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys, i've bought some arrow indicators for the front and back, can anyone help me how to change these indicators around, i have no removal kit or relays, if anyone knw where to buy from it'd be great pleasure. thanks people.

They are easy to change if you have a few tools (couple of screwdrivers and a socket set is about all thats needed)

If you have the LED version you will need a replacement relay which you can get from the maindealer or any bike shop, I put LED mini arrows on my r1 but it failed the MOT because they were not bright enough in daylight, so I changed them for the standard mini arrows which don't need the relay and look good too.

Make sure you fit them the right way up (tiny pin hole facing downwards)

I fitted mine upside down but I never go out on it in the rain, so it hasn't been a problem (Going to swap them round this weekend)

They are easy to change if you have a few tools (couple of screwdrivers and a socket set is about all thats needed)

If you have the LED version you will need a replacement relay which you can get from the maindealer or any bike shop, I put LED mini arrows on my r1 but it failed the MOT because they were not bright enough in daylight, so I changed them for the standard mini arrows which don't need the relay and look good too.

Make sure you fit them the right way up (tiny pin hole facing downwards)

I fitted mine upside down but I never go out on it in the rain, so it hasn't been a problem (Going to swap them round this weekend)

thanks, but i jus haven't a clue of how to take them apart? yes, its the led arrows. i'll just keep looking around to see if there is instructions on how to remove. thanks anyway

On the front you will need to remove the fairing panels that the indicators are bolted on to- only a few screws(the indicators are secured by one nut on the inside of the fairing panel), trace the wires to the plugs and remove, then fit the new ones.

It should only take you about 10 mins or less per side.

The back ones are maybe slightly more difficult you will probably need to take the number plate off, drop the tail/undertray to get at the wires and bolts, possibly remove rear footpegs etc

The main dealer will do it for you for a small fee- why not ask them if your not confident doing it?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online