Restricting a 1982 Yamaha XT550 to 33bhp

Joe C
This post is 5924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I have a 1982 Yamaha XT 550 which i would like on the road however it needs to be restricted to 33bhp - as im under 21 :angry:

Is there anyone out there who has any advice as to how i should go about restricting it?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

For insurance purposes Joe u wud need to get a dealer or service mechanic to do that!

Insurance companies need a certificate from dealer who did work!

Usually they reduce carb opening with washers!

make sure u see washers in place incase they say u took them out when stopped by Feds!

its a money racket biking equipment :P

<_<

Hi

I have a 1982 Yamaha XT 550 which i would like on the road however it needs to be restricted to 33bhp - as im under 21 :angry:

Is there anyone out there who has any advice as to how i should go about restricting it?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Joe

I been reading a lot on the internet and from my own personal experiance my insurance company didn't want to see any paperwork and said it was my responsibility to ride within the restrictions placed on my license.

Some say that it's highly un-likely that the police will insist on seeing the bike on a rolling road to prove the BHP output, but then others state that you need all sorts of paperwork, so I can't understand why in this day and age of www. I can't find the dimensions of the washers required to restrict each bike.

I've been trying to access F I Internation's web site for a couple of days and not having much joy as well.

If you manage to find a supplier of the restriction kits then please advise, or if there are any members that have previously removed the restriction then please post the washer dimensions.

cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online