Electwickery.........

GRIZZLY
This post is 5951 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys, newbie here, joined yesteday...am havving fun remodelling a 1986 XJ600, bought off fleabay a couple of months back, and am now on with the wiring having bought a spare loom!!

Have to confess this IS NOT my area of expertise, however i have persevered over the last ten days, and now have indicators which some times work and then not, (engine not running as yet), fuse is fine, all bulbs ok, and the black box clicks away when they work.

I noticed yesterday they worked when i pulled the clutch lever!!

Suspect now the switch area needs looking at, any advice?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Guys, newbie here, joined yesteday...am havving fun remodelling a 1986 XJ600, bought off fleabay a couple of months back, and am now on with the wiring having bought a spare loom!!

Have to confess this IS NOT my area of expertise, however i have persevered over the last ten days, and now have indicators which some times work and then not, (engine not running as yet), fuse is fine, all bulbs ok, and the black box clicks away when they work.

I noticed yesterday they worked when i pulled the clutch lever!!

Suspect now the switch area needs looking at, any advice?

Sounds like an earth problem. indicator lamps usually have separate earths and pulling the clutch makes an earth conract.

Hi there, electrics are my area. Drewpy sounds right, 90% of problems will be caused by earthing. The bike frame and engine will always be earth( negative), and alternator and battery will be positive. If your frame has been resprayed, or the earth points are rusty, you can get all manner of problems. Clean them up with a small wire brush and then, I usually dab a bit of copper grease on the surfces that will make contact. Your indicators should have a single wire( positive) and the mounting/casing is the earth. Regards

Hi there, electrics are my area. Drewpy sounds right, 90% of problems will be caused by earthing. The bike frame and engine will always be earth( negative), and alternator and battery will be positive. If your frame has been resprayed, or the earth points are rusty, you can get all manner of problems. Clean them up with a small wire brush and then, I usually dab a bit of copper grease on the surfces that will make contact. Your indicators should have a single wire( positive) and the mounting/casing is the earth. Regards

Thanks guys, been away for 3 days having a break, but will now return to the fray armed with your advice!!

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online