sr125 doing my head in

simons
This post is 5685 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i am have some troble with my bike it is a yam sr125 1994 it keeps cutting out when i am riding it some times it will start and some times it wont but i have tried every thing i can think ov i am good with bikes and cars but this has got me stumped

(thing i have done)

new carb second hand

new ht lead and cap

new spark plug

coil

cdi unit

cleaned the tank new petrol

cheaked all the wirering

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i am have some troble with my bike it is a yam sr125 1994 it keeps cutting out when i am riding it some times it will start and some times it wont but i have tried every thing i can think ov i am good with bikes and cars but this has got me stumped

(thing i have done)

new carb second hand

new ht lead and cap

new spark plug

coil

cdi unit

cheaked all the wirering

When it doesn't start: (Turn petrol off)

1) Check for a spark. (Remove plug, reconnect ht lead and crank it over. (Keep hands & other body parts away from plug!)

2) Drain carb bowl by opening the drain screw at the bottom; any petrol in it?

Have you tried bypassing any side-stand or clutch safety cut-out switches this bike has? Presumably, it will always turn over on the starter but not fire up? Does it do this from cold or hot or both?

• 8 months later...

(thing i have done)

new carb second hand

new ht lead and cap

new spark plug

coil

cdi unit

cheaked all the wirering

:offtopic:

Where did you buy your second hand carb from? I had mine stolen (just left the 2 rubber pipes) not sure of model even very new to biking N reg 1996 drum brake bike, can you help? :unsure:

:offtopic:

Where did you buy your second hand carb from? I had mine stolen (just left the 2 rubber pipes) not sure of model even very new to biking N reg 1996 drum brake bike, can you help? :unsure:

what!! someone nicked the carb off your bike!!! bloody hell :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online