DT 125 Carb Jets and Reed's

..::h1cks1::..
This post is 4747 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

I need to up a size in my carb jets and possibly get some better reed's...

Q1: Where the hell is a good online shop to purchase Jets and Reed valves?

Q2: Would boysen or polini reed's be better?

Thanks for your help guys....

..::][-][1cks1::..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its funny becuase i realy dont get this forum, all you massive bikers have no regard for the little guy, dont any of you remember gettin help from an older guy who new what he was talking about??? Ive posted numerous things about my L plater and blow me, nothing, no freakin reply.... Well god knows how any of you actually sort things out, im still in the dark....

Quite frankley i board of this....

LOL hi mate,i sort of know what you mean.You can get boysen power reeds off ebay for around £28,ive heard that they dont make that much difference to the speed but makes the throtel more responsive,im not sure about the jets as i was after one myself but didnt have much luck on the internet,my mate gave me a 240 main jet though but i aint put it in yet,it might be best to ask your local garage if they can order you in a main jet,it wont cost much as i think you can get a 260 for under £2

Hey syks, spot on m8... THANKS for the help! Im just gunna go look up what carb DT's have to see if that site has what i need... Still not sure weather the reed's are a good investment, we will have to see if my pocket can provide once again... :-)

Again i ask if anyone knows of a good website for UK DT aftermarket parts... (Not that you didnt help syks :thumb: )

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The threads also over a year old so dont count on a reply...

• 1 year later...

LOL hi mate,i sort of know what you mean.You can get boysen power reeds off ebay for around £28,ive heard that they dont make that much difference to the speed but makes the throtel more responsive,im not sure about the jets as i was after one myself but didnt have much luck on the internet,my mate gave me a 240 main jet though but i aint put it in yet,it might be best to ask your local garage if they can order you in a main jet,it wont cost much as i think you can get a 260 for under £2

hi ther i have a 240 jet in mine and it goes verry verry well thts all u need u go any higher and it wil start boging out and over fueling

Hey all,

I need to up a size in my carb jets and possibly get some better reed's...

Q1: Where the hell is a good online shop to purchase Jets and Reed valves?

Q2: Would boysen or polini reed's be better?

Thanks for your help guys....

..::][-][1cks1::..

anyy bike shop can get u them i paid 450 for mine and its a 240 i wos told do not go any higher because ur bike will bog out and over fuel

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online