1999 Fazer 600 Fuel Filter

bbob1
This post is 5956 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. I've just joined the forum after buying a 99 Fazer 600. The bike only has 3500 miles on but hasn't been serviced for some time and has been standing. Even with new fuel and after being used it seems to stutter at around 6000 rpm. Does anyone know if the bike has a fuel filter on it and how easy it is to change?

Thanks for any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all. I've just joined the forum after buying a 99 Fazer 600. The bike only has 3500 miles on but hasn't been serviced for some time and has been standing. Even with new fuel and after being used it seems to stutter at around 6000 rpm. Does anyone know if the bike has a fuel filter on it and how easy it is to change?

Thanks for any help.

Hello mate, just joined myself, saw your problem, I had a similar problem with a suzuki rf600 a couple years ago, revs were fine up to about 3000 then it would start sputtering, but fine after 4000, thought it was fuel, filter etc, turned out to be the spark plugs! amazing difference when changed, smooth power all the way though.

Hope this helps.

Percy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online