dt 125r oil leak

Tuggwell
This post is 5957 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After a painful splitting of the engine and a top end rebuild i finally fix my D.T 125R and get it to start, but after a minute or two of firing up oil leaks out from behind the sprocket on the left hand side, and quite quickly too.

Does anyone know why this is?.

Could it be too much oil in the gearing seeping through, because i saw the sprocket is higher up than the glass window, which is meant to be the max fill level. Although i am not sure. So if any one knows anything, or has experienced this before, any help would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After a painful splitting of the engine and a top end rebuild i finally fix my D.T 125R and get it to start, but after a minute or two of firing up oil leaks out from behind the sprocket on the left hand side, and quite quickly too.

Does anyone know why this is?.

Could it be too much oil in the gearing seeping through, because i saw the sprocket is higher up than the glass window, which is meant to be the max fill level. Although i am not sure. So if any one knows anything, or has experienced this before, any help would be appreciated.

Hi there, even if there was to much oil in the gearbox it shouldn't leak past the oilseal if you remembered to renew it? it sounds more like you have a leak in the crankcase seal on the engine caseings ! being as 2 strokes work on crankcase pressure if the mating surfaces arn't joining perfectly then the gearbox will get pressureised and the oil will be forced out of the easiest escape route, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if this is the case then you will have to strip the motor again and check the mating surfaces to make sure they are flat with no burrs or marks in them then put back together again not forgetting to put some jointing paste on all mating surfaces.

Good luck

Bill

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online