Cam Chain adjustment

Dop It
This post is 5957 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, the cam chain on my '89 Radian sounds like it needs adjusting. Having looked at the pdf of the manual it just says " undo lock nut, undo stopper bolt " then tighten lock nut, tighten stopper bolt. Is it that easy, is it spring loaded to get the correct tension or do I have to adjust it via the stopper bolt. I f I do then how do I know the correct tension requiered on the chain.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, the cam chain on my '89 Radian sounds like it needs adjusting. Having looked at the pdf of the manual it just says " undo lock nut, undo stopper bolt " then tighten lock nut, tighten stopper bolt. Is it that easy, is it spring loaded to get the correct tension or do I have to adjust it via the stopper bolt. I f I do then how do I know the correct tension requiered on the chain.

Its spring loaded, and a right so and so to get to. just unscew the centre bolt, take out the adjuster and springs push the udjuster back into it housing (I has a ratchet underside and dont loose the two springs that are inside the ratchet body, the small spring goes inside the large one. The difficult bit is putting the centre bolt that adjusts the tension back into the body, its best to use a socket for this as you can put more pressure onto the bolt that way

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online