yamaha aerox help

jemmison
This post is 5936 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey!

Just wondering if you guys can give me some quick pointers.

I've just bought myself a new Yamaha Aerox 50 scooter, I'm eager to tune it but to be honest with you I'm struggling a lot on knowledge. The only thing that I know is that I'm going to be buying a Leo Vinci TT exhaust and a Pollini variator.

The first thing I'd like to is since the aerox is restricted in the exhaust and variator ( something the retailer told me), when I fit the components I mentioned, will this save me having to pay for the garage to derestrict it?

Next thing is: what are rollers, where are they found and how easy is it to change them?

and lastly, what else would you suggest doing to it so that it really hits it's potential?

cheers guys and sorry about the long post!

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there, yeah well sounds like your buying a brand new one yeah?

the variator is found in the engine casing on the side closest to your airbox, if you take the side cover off you will see your variator.

to get to the variator is another thing, you have to undo the nut holding on the inner pulley/flywheel. To do this your need an air powered gun OR a tool for around £10 called a 'variator locking tool' can be found on most sites like;-

- Scooter Attack

- PM tuning

This will save you hastle and is a simple job.

When you get the locking tool you have to screw it on with some of the engine casing screwsagainst the flywheel then simply undo a nut in the middle of the flywheel. Then take everything off. Including your variator.

Make sure when you put your new variator in you take out the washer from either before the variator or around the variator(depending on model manufacture)

For the variator polini is spot on make sure you have some fresh rollers in though. As far as weights for your rollers the general rule of thumb is the lighter the rollers the better accelratiion but slower top end, and vice versa. If your rollers are too light for the power output your bike will rev way to high for the speed it is going. and wil bog almost and struggle to move however. Then you have to adjust until the bike moves fast but smooth all the way through, can take a while... Rollers are around £10 for 6 which is what a polini should hold, it is wise to ix some times though. And make sure if you have two different colours they are in line so they are a different colour each turn or when you put it back the odd weight on one side will bend your crankshaft rod, (which is expensive to fix).

And get a chrome leo vince cos they dont rust, and look good, sound good, perform well...

As far as for de-restricting your exhaust just take your old one off, and put your new one on

again pm tuning, scooter attack.

the new exhaust won't be re-stricted.

Next good things are;-

Clutch - Polini 2G top of the range

Around £40 wil get you a decent clutch.

Clutch Bell - £30

Torque Drive/ Springs - £50 + £10-15

Belt - Polini Kevlar racing - £27.99

Flywheel/Inner pulley - Stage 6 £30

Gear Up - Makes your top end increase, lesser accelration, well worth getting.

Bigger Carb - 17mm, £70

Upjet Carb/ colour tune it - Job for the garage. Amazing improvement in performance, but only with racing parts.

Jack up £20 - Better handling.

Your bike should hit a good 65 miles an hour and should keep up with most 1 litre cars in miderange and accelration easily.

Gd luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online