Newbie advice needed XT owners

skinink
This post is 5959 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Im new to forum.

Ive got my 1st xt 550 25 yrs old. Im stuck for advice on parts that will fit onto bike. I need a headlight and tail/ brake light.

either aftermarket or xt parts,preferably aftermarket or would a 600 tenere 83 headlight with mini fairing fit onto my bike ? I wanted a square headlight that most enduros have fitted, with little fairing surround.

If anyone can help with parts, and fitting advice, would be really helpfull. desperate to get it on road..

Also the plastics are looking rough. Is there anything i can put on them to bring them up, to save money on new ones ?

sorry for all questions, i really have no experience with trial bikes.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Im new to forum.

Also the plastics are looking rough. Is there anything i can put on them to bring them up, to save money on new ones ?

You could paint them, I painted mine this year DT175MX

DT175MXSide-panels.jpg

RFender_3.jpg

If you remove the old headlamp or tail lamp units and change then it might be a good idea to keep them as this is a classic bike and would be a crime to dispose of these IMHO, also try not to drill new holes if at all possible when fitting different parts...Good luck <_<

Hi Im new to forum.

Ive got my 1st xt 550 25 yrs old. Im stuck for advice on parts that will fit onto bike. I need a headlight and tail/ brake light.

either aftermarket or xt parts,preferably aftermarket or would a 600 tenere 83 headlight with mini fairing fit onto my bike ? I wanted a square headlight that most enduros have fitted, with little fairing surround.

If anyone can help with parts, and fitting advice, would be really helpfull. desperate to get it on road..

sorry for all questions, i really have no experience with trial bikes.

Have You tried M & P or Demon Tweeks? they used to do universal Enduro headlights with surrounds and taillights etc. Or try the old faithfull Flebay!!

Good luck