blown fuel line

dualsporter
This post is 5979 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey,

i was driving on the interstate the other day. Um, trying to keep up with my friends who do not have dualsports.

anyway, the gas line going into the carbs blew off. The bike was still running fine on the interstate probably because she was all the way opened up.

when i pulled off, the engine flooded and it turned off. i eventually put the fuel line back onto the nipple for the carbs. But now whats happening is this.

With the gas off everythings okay, no leaking. THe engine just is really flooded if i kick it over and it won't start. When i turn the gas on, fuel starts coming out of the fuel emissions line.(the tube that is hanging underneath the bike, only connected by one end)

I am thinking that the carbs just need to drain. But they have let out a significant amount of gas. how much should i let it go? I feel like it is just draining the tank. Any ideas or comments? truely appreciated- IAN

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online