Steering head bearings

TazR6
This post is 5962 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Mine are gone. They started to "crack" over bumps, so I tightened them slightly. They not have a notch in the straight ahead position.

Now, any suggestions what to get? I will get taper roller bearings, but what make? I have found some suppplied by Pyramid Parts. They ghave been around 35 years, and supply bearings for most every bike.

They are £19.99 for upper and lower bearings and races.

Should I go for them, or pay much more for Genuine Yam ones?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mine are gone. They started to "crack" over bumps, so I tightened them slightly. They not have a notch in the straight ahead position.

Now, any suggestions what to get? I will get taper roller bearings, but what make? I have found some suppplied by Pyramid Parts. They ghave been around 35 years, and supply bearings for most every bike.

They are £19.99 for upper and lower bearings and races.

Should I go for them, or pay much more for Genuine Yam ones?

Hello matey. Never paid full dollar..er... pound for my bearings (wheel,head etc...) Always gone down the cheaper route. i buy mine at a localish shop 20 miles away, cost a fraction of the money of yam/kwak etc ones. Never had any bother with them. As with all freaking bearings, patent or not, they can last miles and years, or knacker up on you after a couple of hundred miles, depends how good you are at replacing them, keeping the hose away from them (cos it blows the grease out of them) and how hard you ride.

The trick is, getting the correct ones and fitting them correctly so you dont crush them on installation.

Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online