fazer 1000 2008

james fazer price
This post is 5628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What happens to the exup valve when you replace the end can?

it comes off with the OEM pipe , 1st you must disconnect the cables . then just take the pipe off & slip on the new aftermarket pipe , not hard to do . no remapping needed , the bike sounds 200% better IMO with OEM pipe gone ..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

According to the information received with my end can, no re-mapping is required. If you like you could always invest in a power commander, but thats like another £200-£300. They usually come with pre-set maps for certain cans, all information you can find on the end-can manufacturers web sites.

As i said before though, i think my bike runs better now that the valve has gone.

If you havent already, i take up the slack in the throttle as well. Why do the insist on putting the things out the factory with about an eighth of a turn required before you get any response? I hate that shit :angry:

Stewart

That is a truely beautiful exhaust you have there - couple of Q's - is it street legal? (I get pulled all the time for stuff and dont want to give them any extra excuses) - and where did you get it (phone # if poss) - and what did it cost to buy and fit - any help appreciated.

fifetojo i will look out for you if im in fife.

herd of auchtermuchty?

oh and nice bike

i fitted a GYTR (genuine yamaha technology rcing) carbon fibre slip on , to my 2008 FZ1N . it looks awesome & sounds very sweet ..

Got any pictures??

• 1 month later...

Hí all,

At the first time, sorry for my english, is very poor.

I've FZ1 SA (adquire 02/22/2008)

I've a Remus PowerCone Exhaust (short) and i very happy with this exhaust.

Do you help me how to keep the DBKiller?

Thank's in advanced.

i17644_powerconeweb.jpg

Regards.

Chete,

V'ss

That is a truely beautiful exhaust you have there - couple of Q's - is it street legal? (I get pulled all the time for stuff and dont want to give them any extra excuses) - and where did you get it (phone # if poss) - and what did it cost to buy and fit - any help appreciated.

Nope, it's not legal, and has a big stamp to prove it :huh:

I bought it from www.evotechperformance.com & it cost £300, but got free delivery as my bro in law ordered a can for his blade as well, so gave us the £17 it would have cost off.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi james ,i have a mivv sportline motogp stubby fitted to my 06 fz1. the cat in the header pipe is not too restrictive as its only short. you could change the headers although from all my investigations i found you wont gain much more as the stock headers are quite free flowing anyway. fit a bmc or similar filter for even better performance. i have a power commander and a fuel cut eliminator fitted and a custom map, which has cleaned up the fueling right through the whole range and also got rid of the snatchyness from a closed throttle.