Blowing fuses

stevie g
This post is 5889 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

First off thanks to goff and Yoda

GFuys i tried both yoursuggestions ..even got new switch gear still appear to have a problem with the fuses though.

have traced wiring etcas best as i can and all appears fine. I can switch bike on run through all lights including indicators, main beam horn etc and all works fine whilst she is idling. Give her the slightest bit of gas and she blows the park fuse. Any thoughts ??????????????????????

Any of you make it over to the North west this year ???? It was quite a surreal atmosphere given what we witnesed on Thurs eve however way to go Michael Dunlop..dont mind admitting I had a lump in my throat when he crossed the finish line.

Ride Safe Guys

Stevie G

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First off thanks to goff and Yoda

GFuys i tried both yoursuggestions ..even got new switch gear still appear to have a problem with the fuses though.

have traced wiring etcas best as i can and all appears fine. I can switch bike on run through all lights including indicators, main beam horn etc and all works fine whilst she is idling. Give her the slightest bit of gas and she blows the park fuse. Any thoughts ??????????????????????

Any of you make it over to the North west this year ???? It was quite a surreal atmosphere given what we witnesed on Thurs eve however way to go Michael Dunlop..dont mind admitting I had a lump in my throat when he crossed the finish line.

Ride Safe Guys

Stevie G

What fuse?

What fuse?

Hi Yoda

Its the 10amp park fuse. Th eone in th ewhite holder alonside teh main fuse box in the tool kit comartment.

Many thanks for your interest.

Stevie g

I still do not know what a 'park' fuse is. However, if the fuse blows when you rev the engine then there must be a short in the main wiring to earth. You must check all of the wiring.

The PARK fuse is the one for sidelights....have now found fault well almost.

When I dismantled the headlight and removed all the wiring, I checked and double checked for any chaffing or loose connections, checked power supply to sidelight and headlight all was in order.

just to make sure I then connected the lights up put in a new fuse and everything was working perfect. restarted and reved her 1/2 doz times working fine. re assembled light housing and fuse blew. It appears that when |I insert the sidelight into its holder in the headlight she blows..god knows why.I have now insulated the holder(black tape) and re assembled . All working fine..just need to find out why she is earthing like this...Progress of sorts

Whilst here any one recommend tyres for this lady she currently has standard size Dunlops however they are nearing the end and wondered what you guys out there run on

Cheers

Stevei g

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online