framed!

mrgus
This post is 5965 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello to all .... i'm new to this internet malarkey but i've got a problem and was wondering if there was anybody out there who can help?????????

i recently purchased an old yamaha :) trike conversion which at first i believed to be an xs1100 as it is a 4 cylinder model and similar characteristics to the xs it also has xs forks and calipers etc but the frame number doesn't match any xs site that i have visited :unsure:

the frame number is 4K0 004 184 - does anybody out there know what bike this is? as i'm baffled :unsure::unsure:

cheers and happy biking to all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello to all .... i'm new to this internet malarkey but i've got a problem and was wondering if there was anybody out there who can help?????????

i recently purchased an old yamaha :) trike conversion which at first i believed to be an xs1100 as it is a 4 cylinder model and similar characteristics to the xs it also has xs forks and calipers etc but the frame number doesn't match any xs site that i have visited :unsure:

the frame number is 4K0 004 184 - does anybody out there know what bike this is? as i'm baffled :unsure::unsure:

What does the log book say?

Could be that the frame isnt an XS frame, but the engine and other bits are.

If you're still not sure ring the DVLA and ask them :D

What does the log book say?

Could be that the frame isnt an XS frame, but the engine and other bits are.

If you're still not sure ring the DVLA and ask them :D

not sure about the log book as i'm waitin for it to arrive :unsure: --- from the amount of time its taking i think its coming via tortoise from indo-china :lol: !!!!!!!! called dvla and just keep gettin pushed from pillar to post :angry: :angry: ... seems like they only wanna help when it immediately involves money :lol::lol::lol:

not sure about the log book as i'm waitin for it to arrive :unsure: --- from the amount of time its taking i think its coming via tortoise from indo-china :lol: !!!!!!!! called dvla and just keep gettin pushed from pillar to post :angry: :angry: ... seems like they only wanna help when it immediately involves money :lol::lol::lol:

lol they do take forever. But at least you know its on its way. I never got mine for the XVS - it was only when i noticed the tax had ran out the other week that i wondered where my reminder was cos i normally tax my vehicles off that. Called the DVLA - turns out one had never been issued! Never even thoguht about it though!

I would check the log book when you get it. Like i said it might not be an XS frame - it could be something completely different or have been modified. As long as it matches onthe log book - I wouldnt worry too much about it honey - unless it HAS to be an XS1100 through and through?

lol they do take forever. But at least you know its on its way. I never got mine for the XVS - it was only when i noticed the tax had ran out the other week that i wondered where my reminder was cos i normally tax my vehicles off that. Called the DVLA - turns out one had never been issued! Never even thoguht about it though!

I would check the log book when you get it. Like i said it might not be an XS frame - it could be something completely different or have been modified. As long as it matches onthe log book - I wouldnt worry too much about it honey - unless it HAS to be an XS1100 through and through?

yeah i'll do that , think i'll go over to the guys house as i've been waitin 2months for it now!!!!!!! not that i'm in a raging hurry but i would like to get these 3wheels on the road this year!!! the frame is off to be stretched and blasted this week so i'm hopin to get over to see mad max about the log book this week but what with my others being off the road its gonna make it a little hard to do, i'm happy with the frame as is just curious to know what he has slung the engine into!!!!!!! its never gonna be an xs through & through- more like a jalopy but a sweet looking one by the time i'm finished, just completed the tank in super sheen gloss black with 24kt gold leaf detailing , hence the trike will be named 24carat excess! gonna try and get some o the engine casings gold plated too but i'll have to see what the wallet looks like towards the end of the project! i'll post some pics when she's done, laters goff and have a good thrash about for me!

XJ 650 H 1980 = 4K0

off this site

http://www.dropbears.com/m/models/yamaha/modelcodes.htm

confirm here

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online