What summer tyre

r6anthonyshepshed
This post is 5967 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all i have Avon storm st's fitted to my R6 at the moment but its time to have them changed, with that many tyres to choose from i am after recommendations please, Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is what I recently wrote to another topic !

I always used to use Pirelli Diablo's on my 04 R6, I use it eveeryday for commuting but it gets pushed hard accelerating away from lights all the time, also used for recreational use, (approx 15k miles a year). They were fantastic tyres and I'd get about 4500 - 5000miles from a rear.

The time before last when I needed to change the tyres the shop didn't have the Diablos in so I tried Bridgestone BT014's ... never felt like they had any more grip and even with the slower winter riding they only lasted 2600 miles.

I've just put a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso's on it and so far so good, plenty of grip, triple compound rear so it should last quite a while. I've changed the front to a 70 instead of 60 series (checked it's ok with insurance first) but I thik I'll go back to 60 next time.

Needless to say what my advice would be .... 'Pirelli Diablo Rosso's'

Thanks Chris for that i will have a look at them then as you now this time of year you speed up now on bikes and grip is a must cheers, will let you know how i get on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online