SR250 air mixture problems

burkejt1
This post is 4377 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, I've been doing some tune up to my SR250 and its been acting kind of funny, the bikes coming back down to idle very slowly and to my knowledge this would be a lean mixture? I cannot find any kind of air flow screw on the carb to try and fix this but I haven't found one/there isn't one and I honestly have no ideaz what the problem could be the carb is in good shape and has recently been cleaned as well as the jets, and direction on what to do would be awesome thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Was it running ok before the jets were cleaned? Did you remember to reconnect the vacuum pipe from the inlet manifold to the fuel tap? I think there is an air screw on the top of the carb at the very front. Usually this is preset and best left alone but if it has been played with the data book I have says screw it in till it is LIGHTLY seated and back out 2 turns.

The jets were cleaned a month ago and it had been running great then I was having and still having problems with it starting itll do the chug chug chug but not turn over and when I did get it back runing I ran into the problem of it coming back to idle very slowly.... so I guess I will continue to search for the mixture screw, the yamaha manual for the sr250 that I have doesn't even mention it and I haven't been able to find it, and do what you mentioned when I do, im still not sure on my im having these problems w it starting either

the problem of it coming back to idle very slowly....

You mean you shute the throttle and it slows down slowly? Have you checked the throttle cable runs free? This happened on my bike and was just a sticky cable. Martin

• 11 months later...

your mixture screw is on the engine side of the carb. there is a little hole in the top that you put your screwdriver down and the screw is at the bottom of that hole. If you go onto bikebandit.com you can see a good diagram, but the screw isn't marked on the diagram.