Vance and Hines exhaust help

Goff
This post is 5693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

When I was seeking advice the guy at 1066 Custom Cycles was very good and he said the 31501 was the right system for European metric conversion XVS650 dragstar classic from 1998 - 2007 models. AND he offered to deliver it next day as I am local to him. I know you have already ordered but thought this may bring some peace of mind........ if indeed this is correct advice!!! I have put in a link to the page.

Haven't done mine yet as it's quite new and I need to wait until the warranty is up, which is not till December next year. But the bike is sounding better as it gets miles on it, and I am gradually getting used to hearing the bike rather than "feeling" the shaft drive, which I was getting confused at the outset due to being a new (returning from 70s/80s) rider and never having had a bigger bike myself, and certainly not one with shaft drive.

I have seen/heard a few 650s with louder pipes and they sound great (mostly down at Hastings in May when I was still a learner lusting after the 650 Classic), but alas I shall have to be patient and wait. Will be interested to see how you go though.

This is the link:

http://www.1066customcycles.co.uk/acatalog...V-Star_650.html

:D:D:D Happy Riding!!! :D:D:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

When I was seeking advice the guy at 1066 Custom Cycles was very good and he said the 31501 was the right system for European metric conversion XVS650 dragstar classic from 1998 - 2007 models. AND he offered to deliver it next day as I am local to him. I know you have already ordered but thought this may bring some peace of mind........ if indeed this is correct advice!!! I have put in a link to the page.

Haven't done mine yet as it's quite new and I need to wait until the warranty is up, which is not till December next year. But the bike is sounding better as it gets miles on it, and I am gradually getting used to hearing the bike rather than "feeling" the shaft drive, which I was getting confused at the outset due to being a new (returning from 70s/80s) rider and never having had a bigger bike myself, and certainly not one with shaft drive.

I have seen/heard a few 650s with louder pipes and they sound great (mostly down at Hastings in May when I was still a learner lusting after the 650 Classic), but alas I shall have to be patient and wait. Will be interested to see how you go though.

This is the link:

http://www.1066customcycles.co.uk/acatalog...V-Star_650.html

:D:D:D Happy Riding!!! :D:D:D

Yes I did contact them as well and they offered the 31501 for Stg400 delivered, which is still about stg75 more than getting from the US so I opted to for the US, my warranty expires in October but I am still planning to install on reciept as I have had enough riding with other bikers and I can't hear my bike, plus I noted that cars tend to give my mates much more attention since they have very loud pipes.....are you going to re-jet? what are you plans.....

Joe

My plan is to replace them the day the warranty expires! I have been advised by two different sources that re-jetting is not necessary but I will follow that up nearer the time. I agree that having more volume makes cars more aware, and a friend was knocked off when a car driver said he wasnt aware he was there, since when he always has loud pipes.

I ride often in a group of six, one Bonneville, one Fazer, one Daytona (I think!), one Harley, one 250 Dragstar (hubbie's), and my 650 Dragstar. The Harley is the bike that cars seem to move over for! You always know where he is when riding together. And his pipes aren't the loudest I have heard on a Harley.

It was quite funny that a work colleague said she saw and heard me go roaring past her house the other evening so maybe the bike sounds louder than I think. She knew it was me as I have a quite unusual pink bike jacket and a champagne coloured bike, which you dont see too many of, round here at least!

I would like to know how you get on with the replacement though. Goff tells me it is quite simple and I am sure she knows what she is talking about. Me...... I am very unknowledgeable and don't mind admitting it. What year is your bike?

Take it easy.

My plan is to replace them the day the warranty expires! I have been advised by two different sources that re-jetting is not necessary but I will follow that up nearer the time. I agree that having more volume makes cars more aware, and a friend was knocked off when a car driver said he wasnt aware he was there, since when he always has loud pipes.

I ride often in a group of six, one Bonneville, one Fazer, one Daytona (I think!), one Harley, one 250 Dragstar (hubbie's), and my 650 Dragstar. The Harley is the bike that cars seem to move over for! You always know where he is when riding together. And his pipes aren't the loudest I have heard on a Harley.

It was quite funny that a work colleague said she saw and heard me go roaring past her house the other evening so maybe the bike sounds louder than I think. She knew it was me as I have a quite unusual pink bike jacket and a champagne coloured bike, which you dont see too many of, round here at least!

I would like to know how you get on with the replacement though. Goff tells me it is quite simple and I am sure she knows what she is talking about. Me...... I am very unknowledgeable and don't mind admitting it. What year is your bike?

Take it easy.

No I will put them on the minute they arrive, but it will be a mechanic for me as I am not comfortable playing with pipes, although they do seem to be a simple fit. rejetting is not really my choice but everywhere I read seems to indicate the best thing to do with such pipes. My wife also says she can hear me turning round the corner coming back home but I still think they are not loud, albeit, the bike does seem to be getting a bit louder by time. Cruizercustomising have shipped but I am sure it will take at least 4 more weeks to arrive....will keep you posted.

cheers

btw if you are a returning biker (70/80s) I am a complete newbie my first ever bike at the age of 46, It all happened March last year when I went to a birthday party and the host showed me his Shadow 750, I sat on it pretended to ride and told him OK I am getting a bike, took me 3 months to get the license and 2 months waiting for the bike to arrive hehe now I have around 3,000KM under my belt but I guess still reckoned as a novice......I ride with 3 Shadows, 2 Ninja's 1 R1, 1 Roadstar and 1 fatboy and I simply cannot hear my bike when riding with them :)

Nice one cili, you'll never look back now, sure is a great past time eh. BTW do the Ninjaj and R1 wait for the rest of you at every junction? :P

Nope they ride at the back, but sometimes they do get bored and give it one hell of a drag then they wait for us at the next corner hehe......it's rather difficult to pick up some speed here in Malta the Max I ever saw was 140Kph and only for a few minutes if not seconds....still I thoroghly enjoy my riding...........

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online