Newbie, and with a dilemma

madaboutthe30
This post is 5817 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys

Id just like to say hi to everyone and share my dilemma with you guys, perhaps some of you could guide me in the right direction.

Im 20 and have owned my xvs125 for a good year and a half. I hardly ride it but pamper it away in the garage and those spring and summer months its out the garage definetly are some of my best days :)

Time has come though where Im considering to sell it, if I could get more power out of it, I would keep it, however if I cant I would rather just sell it.

Selling it and buying a larger engined bike isnt an option because I dont have my full licence and being a student dont want to fork out the money for the theory, lessons...................

So here is the question:

Can I get more power out of my xvs 125????

I have searched on the web but couldnt find any solid information

Ps my budget is 200-400

Look forward to hearing from you guys

George :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

why does every person on the forum with a 125 want to make it very fast, i imageine you are on a provisional aswell

just wait and get a big bike would be the sensable thing to do.

There are three ways to get more power from your 125.

Turbo supercharging, NO2, high performance petrol.

All are expensive so forget it.

A cheap option. buy tow rope ,attach to 125, connect other end to willing R6, hang on. :P

Lol that would be a ride lol

You still gonna need to spend a shed load on the brakes though, coz the first time the r6 guy/ gal throws the anchor, you are giong to be a double act in a hospital pantomime :lol:

why does every person on the forum with a 125 want to make it very fast, i imageine you are on a provisional aswell

just wait and get a big bike would be the sensable thing to do.

I agree, it's always want fast but don't have any money.

Better off spending that £200-£400 getting the full licence.

Hi I agree why the rush to go fast, also heres a thought if you want a fast bike even for a 125 then why get a cruiser?

I am struggling on what to buy as my next bike at the end of the year I love the look of crusiers but I still dont know what to get, virago or dragstar

Get the Dragstar!!!

Bigger, Wider, Sleeker, Lower and much much Cooler!

My other half has the virago and I have a dragstar. wouldn't swap in a million years!

you bought the cruiser, you cruise thats the point 5th gear low revs lol. But i do know how you feel ive had mine since 2002, it does get a bit fustrating with head winds & stuff when you just aint got the power you want. Do your test buy a fatboy lol happy riding :lol:

I understand peeps wanting to make their 125 scream faster.. faster into the corners etc. Used to outrun all the big bikes into the corners with my MITO...

But the cheaper oprion would be to buy a bigger bike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online