Exhaust help

Goff
This post is 5836 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got a Leo Vince Silvertail exhaust on my bike which sounds fabulous - BUT - i keep burning my leg on the bloody pipes! The system does not come with any heat shields and althought i have wrapped it in that heat wrap stuff - im on my 2nd pair of waterproof trouser due to the pipes melting them!

I can find universal heat shields on the web but the problem is with the first pipe that goes in between the engine and panel - and its curved! (See pic - taken before they were wrapped) The ones on the net are all straight.

Anyone got any ideas? or is anyone any good at making this sort of thing? I'll pay whatever it costs to save me keep having to replace my waterproofs!!!

exhaust1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got a Leo Vince Silvertail exhaust on my bike which sounds fabulous - BUT - i keep burning my leg on the bloody pipes! The system does not come with any heat shields and althought i have wrapped it in that heat wrap stuff - im on my 2nd pair of waterproof trouser due to the pipes melting them!

I can find universal heat shields on the web but the problem is with the first pipe that goes in between the engine and panel - and its curved! (See pic - taken before they were wrapped) The ones on the net are all straight.

Anyone got any ideas? or is anyone any good at making this sort of thing? I'll pay whatever it costs to save me keep having to replace my waterproofs!!!

exhaust1.jpg

Sad problem but nice pipes. Remove leg and think of England! :blink:

Sad problem but nice pipes. Remove leg and think of England! :blink:

lol i keep trying to remember the pipes are there but even so im only short so i can only bend my leg out a little bit - which is rubbish when i have my waterproofs on cos they are quite thick!

The pipes sound fabulous - shame they turned gold though - but hopefully im having that sorted - i just need this little problem sorting!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online