How do I de-restrict my XT125R

drewsie
This post is 5110 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Have recently bought an 07 XT125R but when riding in moving traffic it lacks abit of topend speed. Am looking to sit test before October but am wondering how to get a few more HP out of it to keep up with moving traffic.

Any ideas greatly received.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good luck when you go for your test I hope you know that although the new test starts in oct I have heard that test centres wont be taking new test from mid September, I am glad I passed my restricted test on the 10th april ill be getting a bigger bike later in the year,

Good luck when you go for your test I hope you know that although the new test starts in oct I have heard that test centres wont be taking new test from mid September, I am glad I passed my restricted test on the 10th april ill be getting a bigger bike later in the year,

the test changes in september atually.

Any ideas where the restriction in the exhuast is an how to get rid of it herd u stick a metal rod in the exuast but sounds a bit destructive to me <_< , an is there a restriction ring ( no idea what it actually called :unsure: ) were the carb joins the engine????????

many thanks Carlos

take the baflers of will give it more power and sound better :D

my ybr, the bafflers are welded in :(

a baffle is basically a silencer

check the back of the exaust for screws

Because its a 4 stroke 125, there isnt much in the way of 'deristricting' to get more power out of it you will have to change the exhaust, jet the carb, polish the ports, look for a higher lift cam, look at ignition. Remember that its a 4 stroke and cant be deristricted like 2 strokes!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Because its a 4 stroke 125, there isnt much in the way of 'deristricting' to get more power out of it you will have to change the exhaust, jet the carb, polish the ports, look for a higher lift cam, look at ignition. Remember that its a 4 stroke and cant be deristricted like 2 strokes!!

surely you could buy a mikuni carb they gave ma kart waayy more power but u will need a new air filter also you could buy a bigger exhaust will make it sound a bit more healthier an throatier :P well that is on ma 390cc kart but i might give it a try on ma xt when i get some more money :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online