Darlings 2009 plan

Live to ride Ride to live
This post is 5799 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Seen this on another bike site.

Our "beloved" Mr. Darling aims to double VED on motorcycles in 2009.

There's an online petition. I've already signed it.If you care about biking,sign it and pass it on to anyone you know who rides.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/motorcycle-tax/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ditto. Passed on to the Shakey.com site for more sigs, too.

Signed.

:soapbox:

THIS IS `KIN OUTRAGEOUS. :tantrum:

Refering back to previous posts on VED, The CAR scale only starts for those vehicles producing 100g per Km travelled, which means there are a fair few exempted vehicles in the smaller engine classes.

This style of tax banding was brought about to encourage people to run smaller cars and penalise the larger engined, less environmental friendly vehicles.

As Virtually all motor bikes (if tested and quoted on the log book like cars) would fall into the lowest category possible and would, therefore be VED EXEMPT!

:cussing:THE ONLY REASON TO RAISE VED ON MOTORCYCLES IS TO RAISE MORE TAX AND HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ANY "GREEN" AGENDA.

As fuel, ved, insurance,road charging costs rise, there is a (glacial) migration, in the main, to smaller, cheaper options.

To redress the lost income as a result of this, HM Treasury just passes the costs on to the new majority, ie smaller cars AND MOTORCYCLES. :angry:

They did it with Diesel when it became more popular than petrol (remember when it used to be cheaper than petrol)

They did it with the 10% income tax rate, (ask any one of the increasing % of OAP`s)

DO NOT JUST SIGN THE PETITION. GET HOLD OF YOUR LOCAL MP AND ASK THEM TO JUSTIFY THE PROPOSED INCREASE!! :rant:

Signed!

Another scamola from the haggis-noshers that rule England. Slam up petrol prices so we have to use bikes instead of cars, then tax-up bikes, They must think that we zip up at the fucking back.

Damn their eyes...

Added my seal.

It will push bikes next grrrrr

Bloody lycra-clad, sperm-hatted shove bikes should pay towards their road use - they cause enough problems in moving traffic with their total abuse of the Highway Code; make them cough up!

Put in my X and will forward to every biker I know.

Judging by the state of the roads - I have had to replace 2 tyres in 2 months - I reckon I'm owed a rebate!!!!

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I've just signed up, three times, that's the beauty of having several email addresses :lol:

What do our 'leaders' hope to achieve by this proposed nonsense?? The UK is fast becoming the laughing stock of the world, time for a revolution I fear.

I'm getting older and grumpier and I'm pissed off with being pushed further and further into the corner, I'm a placid sort of chap, but when I'm cornered I become a fighter. :ninja::tantrum::madflame:

Rant over, I'll get my coat now.

Bloody lycra-clad, sperm-hatted shove bikes should pay towards their road use - they cause enough problems in moving traffic with their total abuse of the Highway Code; make them cough up!

Well said mate, they're a damn nuisance, it's the plonkers who ride in groups of twenty or more that really get me, three abreast and as long as a lorry, holding up the traffic and paying sod all. My way of getting them back is to overtake slowly in my diesel van and then floor the loud pedal to flat out in second gear, by god I do leave a nice smoke trail for the lycra queens to breathe in.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online