Help !!!!

Ditchfinder88
This post is 5798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks ive just passed my test and ive purchased a 2002 yzf-r6. gave the bike a good check over yesterday but theres no cooliant. what should i use? some people have said just use water but dont know if that is the best option your suggestions will be most appreciated. cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't use just plain water, you won't be doing your engine any good what so ever.

Most bike shops will sell pre-mixed coolant so there not even the hassle of how much to mix it, just make sure they give you stuff that is Aluminium safe.

Hey folks ive just passed my test and ive purchased a 2002 yzf-r6. gave the bike a good check over yesterday but theres no cooliant. what should i use? some people have said just use water but dont know if that is the best option your suggestions will be most appreciated. cheers

I would be very worried by this lack of coolant. Disappearing coolant is a very expensive sign.

I would be very worried by this lack of coolant. Disappearing coolant is a very expensive sign.

Could and hopefully will just be not topped up enough after a service, (on r6's some people remove raditor so access to spark plugs is easier)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new to the site. My concern not having coolant and suggestions: 1 check for leaks. This could be done with water so keeping cost down.2. Check head not blown. This probably needs tobe done by a dealer/ bike garage. After this has been identified and fixed. Then proper coolant mix is a must to safeguard the system. Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online