Annoying rattle kinda noise...on release of throttle

Aced Up
This post is 5842 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK, between 3 and 4 thousand revs I get this rattle/scraping sound.... ONLY WHEN IM USING THE ENGINE TO SLOW DOWN or release the throttle (same thing I know)

Any ideas?

Ive thought about loose fairing... but why the noise between these revs?

Flywheel? clutch?

its doing in my nut.. lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I pull the clutch, and it doesnt rattle.... with this new piece of info.. I know it wont be ENGINE related.... more the side of transmission I think.

what you said dont make sense,, if you pull the clutch lever in and the noise goes then its the clutch thrust washer that is worn, very common.. if it was fairings etc it wil be there all time, does it make the noise in gear? out of gear? at tick over?

This is while in gear and riding.... to help diagnose I pulled in the clutch between 4000 and 3000 revs (while riding)... and the noise stops...

in neutral the noise doesnt occur at all.

still sounds like thrust washer in clutch to me mate, in neutral there is no load on clutch from crank or gear box,do you have problems changing gears etc?

Thanks for the replies!!

Found the problem... It was just the chain rubbing and bouncing on the rubber which sits along the top of the swingarm

Random!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online