Fazer fz6

g-funk
This post is 5758 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey all, Im currently riding a 125 and will obviously be looking to upgrade once passing my test. My point is that I have been thinking about getting a fazer fz6, however I wanted to know whether this would be too much bike for me as a first 'big' bike or would it be a perfectly viable option?

cheers

G

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey all, Im currently riding a 125 and will obviously be looking to upgrade once passing my test. My point is that I have been thinking about getting a fazer fz6, however I wanted to know whether this would be too much bike for me as a first 'big' bike or would it be a perfectly viable option?

cheers

G

Good choice :thumb:

cheers mate,

could you give me any info though, such as whether it might be a bit much for practically a beginner or any problems they are prone to etc?

anything would be useful, thanks.

cheers mate,

could you give me any info though, such as whether it might be a bit much for practically a beginner or any problems they are prone to etc?

anything would be useful, thanks.

Hi, don't know any specifics about the bike but just like any other Jap machine as long as you look after it and service it regularly it will run for years. I personally don't think it's too much of a bike for a newbe :), don't forget that it's you who is in control and not the bike, so as long as you're smart and take your time with it you'll be fine.

Hope that helps mate.

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I had the bandit 600 as my first big bike. Then went to the FZ6 Fazer in october and it wants to lift the front wheel up in first and second so just take it steady. Take it from me (only 19) if you get used to it you can keep up with most sports back throught the twisties.

I will be getting a Fazer when I pass my test

I am only 18 and have been riding a YBR125 for 6 months with no problems, and a 50cc moped for 6 months before that with no problems

Only issue would be insurance, does anyone know how much it would skin me?

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

When I come to re insure my Fz6 S2 In october I am looking at £800 full comp with 3 NCB and IAM accreditation oh yea I will be 20.

• 1 month later...

If you go for a Fazer 600, i'd try and get one that doesn't have dunlops. Those tyres are terrible from cold and don't grip as well as they say. Whenever it was cold, you could give the bike too many revs and the back would spin up (not nice for a new rider).

Thankfully i've changed my rear for a Bridgestone BT010?? Dual compound, not had a single spin up since!!

Other than that I went straight in on a 600 and have not had a problem, I think as it's been said already, be safe and sensible and the bike wont bite.

• 4 weeks later...

cheers

G

Personally i would go for a FZ6 S2, i have a 07 model, ive had it a year now and once you get use to it it goes like hell, just be careful when you first start off riding it and get use to it slowly, once you get use to it its loads of fun.

Here mine.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p136/pa...nder/Bike-1.jpg

Be safe

Paul

cheers

G

Personally i would go for a FZ6 S2, i have a 07 model, ive had it a year now and once you get use to it it goes like hell, just be careful when you first start off riding it and get use to it slowly, once you get use to it its loads of fun.

Here mine.

Be safe

Paul

cheers

G

Here mine.

Be safe

Paul

cheers

G

Hi G-funk,

Its sll about what you want from your bike,sports bikes are great fun but even 600 sports can be uncompromising and a bit scary when you aint used to them. The FZ6 is a great all round bike-yeah it'll tour all day in comfort,but does go like the clappers and will embarrass people on 600 sports machines on the twisties(once you've gained alot of experience!)

I got a Thundercat as my 1st 600 and was comfy but could still keep up with faster tools.

Like all things- test one see if it feels good then get to know it see what it can do,Gradually!!

Its all in ya right hand!!! ps iv had R1s & various other bikes over the years so class myself as experienced-just got a FZ1 and still scare myself witless but love it-Enjoy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online