fz6s tyre pressures 2004

coupe312
This post is 5844 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Ok a quick one what sort of pressures should i be running on fot my fz6s 2004.

just want to make sure everything is ok

they should be the same as my 07 model which 42psi at the rear and 35 psi at the front. It should tell you on the swing arm.

Hope this helps

The owner's manual for your bike is availabe from the Yamaha website as a pdf - click below or cut and paste this into your browser.

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/communi...ice/manuals.jsp

Tyre pressures for your bike depend on load and vary from 33 psi front 36 psi rear for bike plus rider/load up to 90kg to 36 psi front and 42 psi rear for rider and load combined above 90kg.

It also recommends tyre manufacturers and sizes as follows:

Front tire:Size:120/70 ZR17M/C (58W): BRIDGESTONE BT020F GG or DUNLOP/D252F

Rear tire:Size:180/55 ZR17M/C (73W): BRIDGESTONE BT020R GG or DUNLOP/D252

Hope this helps.

TMFM

The owner's manual for your bike is availabe from the Yamaha website as a pdf - click below or cut and paste this into your browser.

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/communi...ice/manuals.jsp

Tyre pressures for your bike depend on load and vary from 33 psi front 36 psi rear for bike plus rider/load up to 90kg to 36 psi front and 42 psi rear for rider and load combined above 90kg.

It also recommends tyre manufacturers and sizes as follows:

Front tire:Size:120/70 ZR17M/C (58W): BRIDGESTONE BT020F GG or DUNLOP/D252F

Rear tire:Size:180/55 ZR17M/C (73W): BRIDGESTONE BT020R GG or DUNLOP/D252

Hope this helps.

TMFM

it is good to go to a tyre manufacturers website especially if you have an older bike fitted with modern tyres . for example the air cooled RD,s had recommended tyre pressures of 23 front 29 rear in the instruction books, with modern rubber they handle a lot better at a higher pressure i think 26 f 33 r as recommended on the manufacturers websites

merv